Child's Slouchy Hat


Hello Friends...

Word got around at my kids' school that I'm into crochet.  One of the mom's saw me in this hat and immediately asked if I could make one for her daughter, but slouchy, and with a cute flower.  I took on the challenge, and this is the final result:

 

Her daughter loves it and it looks sooo cute on her.  I do have a photo, but I am a firm believer of keeping the little ones faces off the Internet, but trust me, it's adorable on.  Fortunately I have a 6 year old daughter, so after some trial and error, I was able to ensure the fit was good.  This hat would be good for ages 5 - 8.

The original pattern can be found here, on the LionBrand website from which I modified for a child.  This one here is also slouchy with no pom-pom, so it looks quite different on.  Also, the gorgeous floral applique pattern can be found here.  This easy and fun to make beautiful flower is an original design by snapy tots.  Thank you to her for the perfect addition to my project. 


In case you're interested, I will be writing up the instructions for making this cute children's hat in the coming days, so do look for that free on my blog.  I also have a 2 year old niece whom I intend to make a version for as well.  Once I'm done, I'll post those modifications too.