Crochet Art

Hello Friends...

Just wanted to share some crochet projects that I'd turned into wall art this past year.  It really couldn't be easier!  All you need is your motif...I think flowers are great, a hot glue gun, artist canvas and/or a shadow box.


This was my own improvised motif...I made this one awhile back and unfortunately did not record the pattern, otherwise I'd share it.  I used some craft acrylic paint in a cream colour and brushed on two coats before hot gluing my flower to the canvas.  Needless to say, allow paint to dry before gluing your motif.




These flowers are Motif #41 from Edie Eckman's "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs" book...I  joined them into a doily like design and then glued them to the painted canvas.  You could also cover your canvas with your choice of fabric and then glue your design.




This particular flower is Motif #1 from Edie Eckman's "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs" book.  Here I simply glued the motif to some card stock and framed it up in this shadow box from Ikea....gotta love Ikea!