Ribbed Knit Scarf :: Easy Pattern

Hello Friends...I've still been having fun playing around with different easy knit projects over the past couple of months.  Although my first love is crochet, I did learn to knit first.  I think it's important and fun for the brain to learn (or relearn) different skills.  I love this Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn in Hudson Bay!  It is so soft and squishy and it the colours are a true classic for us Canadians.

This scarf couldn't be easier for beginner knitters.  For those who are interested, I've detailed pattern instructions below.









Easy Knit Ribbed Scarf Pattern:

Materials Required 
  • 3 balls of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick, any colour you like
  • US 15 / 10.0 mm knitting needles
Instructions

Cast on 18 stitches

First Row - Knit the first stitch, Purl the next stitch.  Repeat K1, P1 pattern across to end of row.
2nd Row and each row - K1, P1 pattern across.

Keep going until you reach your desired length.  My scarf measures approximately 72" in length and 7" wide.  To adjust the width, simply cast on fewer or more stitches, by 2.

Fringe - 3 tassels on each end, using 5 strands of yarn for each.  Trim to desired length.