Fair Isle Knit Hat

Hello Friends...Since I got back into knitting recently, I made it a summer goal to make one of those cute Fair Isle hats you see all over Instagram and Etsy.  So, with much trial and error on of my own, I finally found a great basic tutorial on YouTube by CJ Design.  Her instructions are clear and she makes it really easy to follow along.  Once you get the hang of it, they are super easy to make and you can really have fun with colour combinations.  The only change I made to my hats were the number of cast on stitches at the beginning.  She starts with 44, I prefer to start with 40, but the pattern works out just the same.  It's a great way to use up some extra bits of yarn you may have lying around.  I found that the accent hearts do not require a ton of yarn. 

This will now be by go to hat for friends and family for the winter upcoming winter season.  I'm planning on adding pompom toppers to some, but they look look equally great without too: