The Om of Crochet


Hello everyone...I went to a great yoga workshop last weekend and after the class, some of us ladies got to talking about why we love yoga so much.  Of course, there are may physical benefits to practicing yoga (no matter what style), such as stretching and strengthing of the muscles.  It can do wonders for back pain, stiff neck and shoulders, bad knees...the list could go on and on.  Yoga is also great for stress, another widely agreed upon reason by the group for attending classes. 

Personally, since my very first yoga class, I have treasured how it brings focus to my mind.  I literally do not think about anything else, other than what I'm doing in the class in each moment that passes by.  Many people love yoga for it's meditative qualities...it frees the monkey-mind, if not temporarily.  I find doing crochet also to be extremely meditative.  There is something about crochet that is so soothing for the mind.  Not to mention, that I totally get a kick out of creating something, anything.  I think we as humans crave creativity and being able to focus.  We have so many distractions these days, it's nice to sit quietly and concentrate on just one thing.

I'd love to hear why you enjoy doing crochet, or why you practice yoga, or whatever it is that helps you to slow things down a bit.