Book Review - Secret Daughter

Hello Friends...

Last month I finished reading the book Secret Daughter, by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.



The story is about a young girl who was adopted from India by an American couple, the father, who happens to have been born in India.  The book goes between the story of Asha, the adopted girl, her Indian birth parents, and her American parents.  Although I found it to be a bit slow at times, overall, I enjoyed the story. Once Asha, goes to India to spend time with her family, and searches for her birth parents, the story picked up for me. Indian culture has always been fascinating to me...this book certainly delivered on that front.  I would certainly recommend Secret Daughter. 

Be sure to check out some of my other favourites on Goodreads.  Although I have a couple of books on my nightstand now, it's been going slow going.  I seem to be out of a reading phase at this point in my life, as we prepare for our move.  Happy Sunday to everyone!